Powered by Blogger.

Our family

Our family

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Snow days

We have had more snow fall since the 13th of December then I can ever remember seeing before in the Seattle area. Side note: When I was at WSU we got so much snow and sometimes it even snowed into May. You got so used to the snow, walking in it day after day and driving around town was nothing compared to how it is here. In Pullman they are prepared for snow, the roads are sanded and I hardly ever had a problem getting around. In Seattle it is like the world is coming to an end when it snows, no one knows what to do and there aren't that many snow plows around to get to all the roads.
A picture of our back yard on the 19th. We had about 12 inchs of snow.
That being said, Jesse and I aren't afraid of a little adventure. Last week on the 18th we got in our car and headed to Bellevue Square when the news was telling everyone to stay at home and warning people of the bad roads. At one point I said to Jesse "Are you sure we should try to go to Bellevue?" and then he replied "Where is your sense of adventure?". I was just being sensible, thinking that we have a 2 year old in the car and I am pregnant. Anyway, we made it to Bellevue Square without a problem thanks to our car having all wheel drive. We still had lots of Christmas shopping to get done and Jordan had to see Santa.
When we arrived at the mall it was like a ghost town. One of the girls I used to work with at Nordstrom had told me it took her over an hour to get to work and she only lives like 10 minutes away. In the TBD department they had 23 girls scheduled to work and only 3 showed up. Some stores didn't even open like Tiffany's or Orange Julius to name a few. We got all our shopping done quick and then we were off to see Santa. We were so worried that he might not be there due to the weather. I even tried to call in advance but no one was there to answer the Mall info line. Thankfully Santa and all his elf's were there and Jordan loved it. She loved to see Santa's workshop and all the toys. She liked Santa and enjoyed talking to him and told him what she wanted for Christmas, a baby doll. She was fine up until the point of sitting on his lap without us there. She didn't want any part of sitting with him alone, not even next to him or in front of him. So needless to say her Santa picture turned into a family picture, which neither Jesse or I was prepared for, thankfully my outfit was halfway decent. I will post a picture once I get it scanned.
The next day we ventured outside to play in the snow. It was really hard for Jordan to walk in the snow because it came up to her thighs. She was fine until she touched the snow and it got on her glove. She tried to wipe it off and then took her glove off to wipe it off and then it got on her hand and she had a melt down. She started crying saying "Go back to the house". So I picked her up and tried to walk around with her. She was fine until I put her back down in the snow. She played with her sand/water table that was on our deck and that was as close to the snow as she wanted to get. Every day I tried to convince her and Jesse to go out and play in the snow and they both would say "It is too cold or too wet", what babies. I can't wait to get Jordan up in the Mountains skiing :) I loved skiing when I was little and want her to enjoy it too, maybe we will try next year.
Jordan all ready to go outside.
Jordan holding Brin. Jordan loves to hold the dogs. She loves them so much, it is too cute.
Jordan holding Graham. And yes he does have a polo shirt on. Brin has a pink one, but hers kept coming off because it is a little big for her. They love wearing clothes. Brin gets so excited to put them on. Brin also has a fleece jacket and Graham has a puffy one. I will have to put them on them and take a picture, they are too cute.
Outside and excited to play in the snow.
The meltdown
A few pictures of our back yard. You can barely see the hot tub or the steps leading up to it.

The view from our back deck.

Jordan and Mommy, after the meltdown.

My beautiful family

My sexy husband bringing in wood for our wood burning stove. Our house gets so warm once that stove gets going.

Here is a picture from our sliding glass door, now we have about 15 or 16 inches of snow, it is incredible.

No comments: