Christmas day has come and gone. I can't believe how fast it came and went, I feel like it was just Halloween and now it is almost New Years eve. Pretty soon this baby is going to come and I am going to wonder were all my time went.
Christmas morning we actually had to set our alarm clock to get up by 8 am. Yes I know we are super lucky that Jordan is such a fantastic sleeper, I just hope the next one is too. We had to get up by 8 so that we could open our presents and get ready to be at Jesse's parents by 10:30 am. We hated being rushed but we had a great morning together and enjoyed our time. It was so much fun watching Jordan open all her presents and get excited about everything. I grabbed pile after pile for her and Jesse was like "what did you do? you went way over board" and I was like "you were with me when I bought almost everything". I think that I forgot about some of the things that I had bought her and shoved in the closet to hide. Once everything was wrapped and in a pile in front of her it was pretty crazy. I just keep thinking next year I am going to have two kids to buy for.
Our Santa leaves a big present or a few presents unwrapped and put together in front of the fireplace for Jordan to see when she walks out into the family room. This year Santa brought Jordan a big Nemo and huge Mickey stuff animals, along with a Mickey Mouse Surprise Clubhouse. She was so excited, she couldn't stop kissing and hugging Mickey and Nemo. When she saw the clubhouse she kept saying "Oh my gosh". She really enjoyed her stocking and taking everything out of it. Santa got her lots of Disney Princess socks, necklaces, bracelets, pens, pads, stickers and more (thank you Target $1 bins). She had to help Jesse and I with our stockings, she would pull something out and say "Oh look it mommy, so pretty". This year by far has been my favorite with watching her experience Christmas. 

My two favorite people.

Jordan by one of her many piles of presents.

The view from our porch Christmas morning.

Opening present after present.

Putting on her fake lipstick.We headed over to the in-laws but didn't get there until around 11:15 or so. Not a problem because they are always running late like us :) We ate and drank mimosas or a virgin one for me and waited for Gail (my mother in law) to finish making her potato dish to take to her mom's house. We were supposed to head over to Jesse's Grandma's house around 1 pm but didn't end up there until a little after 2 pm. Every year Santa brings us stockings at Rick and Gail's and it is so much fun opening them. We pretty much get the same stuff every year but I love it. I always get new hand lotion, a CD, socks, and other odds and ends. This year I hinted to Santa that I wanted the new Carrie Underwood CD. After opening presents and reading the Bible we all headed over to Jesse's Grandma's house. Thankfully Jesse parents only live about 10 minutes from us and his Grandma only lives about 5 minutes from them.

Jordan and Jesse. She was holding his head so tight. She didn't like her dress and didn't want to wear it anymore. There was tulle and I guess it was itching her.
My family
Jordan and Uncle Jason. She loves him as was so concerned every time he left the room she would ask "Where did Jason go?" She has finally warmed up to him and it is too cute. He is pretending to talk on her fake phone.

Jordan took this picture of us with our camera. Not bad, a little blurry but one I will have to save.
We were the first ones to arrive at Grandma Dee's house. Not a big surprise due to all the snow that fell that morning and that was continuing to fall. Every year at his Grandmas we eat eggs fantastic, ham, hash browns or a different potato dish. I am not a big fan of this tradition because all the egg dishes have salsa which I do not like. Pretty much everyone besides me loves it and can't wait to dig in. After we eat everyone gets a little wrapped box, when you open it there is a clue to where one of your presents is hidden. It is always so much fun searching for your gift. 

Our family at Grandma Dee's house.

Jesse and his mom Gail.

Jordan, Jesse and Jason.
We were supposed to go to my Grandma and Grandpa's house at 4pm but due to the roads they cancelled. Then the party was back on and then their power went out so it was cancelled again. The party changed locations and ended up at my mom's house. That was fine with us because I wanted to spend the next day with my mom anyways so we decided to just spend the night since Jesse had to work the next day at 5am, and we only have one car because the other one is covered in snow.
We got to my mom's around 6pm and we were so tired from our long day of going from place to place. It was so nice to finally see my family and get to hang out with them. This Christmas my Grandpa Dick and Grandma Peggy were in town. They are snow birds and normally head to Arizona a little bit before Thanksgiving, but this year due to my Aunt's cancer they are sticking around. It was really nice for everyone to be there and celebrate together. We had a big turkey dinner with all the fixings, lots of holiday cookies and sweets to enjoy as well.
We got to my mom's around 6pm and we were so tired from our long day of going from place to place. It was so nice to finally see my family and get to hang out with them. This Christmas my Grandpa Dick and Grandma Peggy were in town. They are snow birds and normally head to Arizona a little bit before Thanksgiving, but this year due to my Aunt's cancer they are sticking around. It was really nice for everyone to be there and celebrate together. We had a big turkey dinner with all the fixings, lots of holiday cookies and sweets to enjoy as well.

Jordan and Jesse, opening presents at my mom's house.
My cousin Stephanie and her mom, my Aunt Lynda.
Jordan trying out her new princess shoes that Grandma Kathy got her.

The women in my family. Grandma Peggy, Stephanie, Lynda, me, Jordan and my mom Kathy.

Same women but my Aunt Marilyn and her mom Dagny are in this picture as well. My Aunt Marilyn is married to my mom's brother Mark.
My and my cousin Steph. We are only 5 months apart in age.
After we ate all the food and dessert and finished exchanging presents the boys decided to go out and have a snow ball fight. This was my brothers outfit, so flashy I couldn't resist taking a picture of him. Funny thing is that that was one of my snow hats when I was growing up.
He is too funny :)
1 comment:
love the pics Nat! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Post a Comment