Powered by Blogger.

Our family

Our family

Thursday, July 24, 2008

The South 47 Farm

Wednesday Jordan and I went to the Farm Tots at the South 47 Farm in Kirkland with my friend Amy and her to kids, Cooper (4) and Kelsey (2). We had never been before and I wasn't sure what to expect. Farm Tots is a class that meets Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays, 10:30-11:30 a.m. It is $6 for kids under 5 and adults are free. It is a chance for tots, accompanied by a parent or guardian, to explore the farm at their own pace. Each class includes a wagon ride, art or nature activity, a chance to pick one of their seasonal crops and feed the ducks, goats, chicken's and alpacas. Every week is a new theme, this week was bees and we got to pick onions, squash and raspberries. We got there at 10:20 am and didn't leave until 12:20 pm. We had so much fun, Jordan loved that her friends Cooper and Kelsey were there to share in the experience.

The craft we did or I should say I did, was make a bee out of pipe cleaners and some tulle. Jordan loves the little bee and carries it around the house going "BzzBzzBzz". After we did the craft we decided that we should go search for our squash and pick our onion. The squash were easy to find and easy for the kids to hold. Amy and I weren't sure if we wanted to take the squash home but the kids had so much fun carrying it around that it ended up coming home with us.

Cooper, Kelsey and Jordan


Jordan carrying around her squash


Jordan picking her onion and then pulling it out of the ground

After we picked our onions we decided that it was time to go pet the animals. The kids had so much fun feeding the animals the didn't want to leave. The animals were so sweet and I didn't see any of them bit so that was good. I thought Jordan might be scared to feed them but she wasn't, she just stuck her hand out there to feed them. The Alpacas were so cute I wanted to take them home with me. Maybe we should start an Alpaca farm?


Here the kids are looking at the chickens


Cooper and Jordan feeding the goats


Jordan feeding the goat

The goat and alpaca are patiently waiting to be fed

Kelsey, Jordan and Cooper feed the alpaca


Jordan and I with part of the farm behind us


Here we are on the hay ride, she wasn't too excited about the guy driving it but once we got moving she was fine

Jordan, me, Cooper, Amy and Kelsey on the hay ride. I love how Jordan put her arm around Cooper, she loves him :)

We had so much fun and can't wait to go back.

http://www.south47farm.com/Crops_and_Events.htm

No comments: