Powered by Blogger.

Our family

Our family

Sunday, July 12, 2009

My little firecrackers

I am a little late posting for the 4Th of July but when you have two kids it is hard to find time to be on the computer.
For the 4Th of July we went to the Bothell parade. This was our 4Th year going to the parade and every year I look forward to it. Last year Jordan loved it up until the Sefair Pirates came and then she got a little scared, so I wasn't sure how she was going to do this year. We had been talking to Jordan about going to the parade the week leading up to the 4Th to get her excited about it. She couldn't wait to get all the candy and see all the kids and people in the parade. We were running a little bit late getting to the parade but thankfully we got an excellent parking spot. Unfortunately the crowd was a lot bigger then last year which made it harder for us to find a good place to sit. Thankfully we found one, even though we were right in the sun and it was a super hot day. Jordan had so much fun and got lots of candy. She didn't mind the Pirates either, I think it was because Jesse was right next to her :)
After the parade we went home and put the girls down for a nap and got ready for our neighborhood BBQ. Every year our neighborhood has a big BBQ/potluck and then we light off a bunch of fireworks. This was our 3rd year attending the BBQ and I was really looking forward to hanging out with our neighbors and some friends. Our neighborhood also has an annual lawn mower race. This year they decided to do it on the 4th and it was the first year they convinced Jesse to participate. The lawn mower race consists of an obstacle course with different stations. One station is a bocce ball, the next you have to make a basket with a basketball while sitting on your mower, the next hit a golf ball, then crochet, then you have to pound a beer at the finish line. It is so much fun to watch and make fun of the guys and cheer them on. Unfortunately our lawn mower was probably the slowest out of all the neighbors and Jesse came in fourth out of six.
Both of the girls did really well during our firework show. I had Taylor in the Bjorn and she slept most of the time. Jordan was a little scared at first, she didn't like how loud it was but then she warmed up to it and enjoyed the pretty show. We had such a good time and I can't wait for next year!

3 comments:

The Haigh's said...

You sure have beautiful girls! I see your car all the time in your Mom's driveway and am so tempted to pull in to say Hi.

Natalie said...

You totally should I would love to see you :)

Jen Deming Lee said...

Love those pics of your precious girls and the lawn mower races sound hilarious. Hope you are enjoying your summer!