Powered by Blogger.

Our family

Our family

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Jordan's new big girl bed

Last Friday my mom was kind enough to come over and paint Jordan's room and our bedroom. Her room was green and I wanted to paint it pink before we put her new big girl bed together. She helped pick out the color and was really excited to have pink walls, since pink is her favorite color. It was so much work that my mom ended up spending Friday night and Saturday night at our house. I wanted our room painted as well because we also got a new bed. We have a queen and upgraded to a king. Our bed came in this week and we are just waiting for one more piece before we can put it all together and in our room. I am so looking forward to sleeping on a king. She was so wonderful to paint those rooms for us and we really appreciated it.
Here are a few pictures of Jordan's room before and after the new paint job. You can see our new bedroom color too in the bump watch pictures. The teal/blue was the old color and the latte color is the new color, such an improvement. Jesse picked the teal color and I picked the new color. I told him I could pick out the new color and he could complain about it for the next few years like I did with the teal :)
Jordan's green baby room.

We moved the crib and rocking chair out to put in the baby's room. We still have to move out all the office furniture and pain the room, crown molding and base boards. Another project for my mom to come and help with :)

Jordan loves her new princess big girl bed. She loves her new room and is so excited to go to sleep in her new bed.

She still has to sleep with all her animals and dolls.

Pretending to sleep :)

I was really nervous for her to transition into a big girl bed. She is such a good sleeper and loved her crib. I was worried she wouldn't sleep as long but she sleeps the same. The first night I heard a door open and close at about 3:30 am. I moved my foot over to feel if Jesse was in bed and he was. I shot up and said "Jesse go check on her!!". He got up and went into her room and she was sitting in her bed and said "Daddy I'm awake". He told her it was in the middle of the night and she had to go back to sleep and she did. She is still taking her regular 3-4 hour naps and stays into her bed until I come and get her. We are so lucky and I am so thankful that she loves her new room, bed and sleep :) Now I hope that the potty training goes just as good.

3 comments:

The Haigh's said...

What a cute girly room.

The Zdeneks said...

Her room is so cute! I'm glad to hear the transition went perfect!! I can't wait to see her "new" room!

Unknown said...

That is the cutest bed! Where did you get your furniture?? I can't believe she's getting so big and soon enough you'll have another little baby!! So exciting!