Powered by Blogger.

Our family

Our family

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

24 week DR appointment

Okay so I know that I am almost 26 weeks pregnant and I am just now posting about my 24 week DR appointment. I am a little behind on my pregnancy updates. I know many of you who have two kids or pregnant with your second will agree that your second pregnancy is so different then your first. It is different for me at least because I don't have baby on the brain every second of every day as I did with my first pregnancy. I honestly don't have time to think about it that much because I have a 2 1/2 year old to run after and a house to clean and I don't have much down time. With my first pregnancy I read every book and was constantly searching online for things about baby and being pregnant, Jesse said I was obsessed. With this pregnancy I think I have only opened my pregnancy book three times at the most. This doesn't mean I am not super excited to be having another baby or not excited about being pregnant. Because after all the fertility stuff that we have gone through I am so blessed to be pregnant again and I already love this baby more then anything. I guess in a way I already know what to expect with being pregnant and when the baby comes, it will be adjusting to having two kids that will be new to me.

That being said this little girl is already so different then Jordan was when she was in the womb. This baby girl is a mover, after I put Jordan to bed and finally get to sit down on the sofa she is moving all around and kicking me like crazy, she even wakes me up at 3 am kicking. I think she is trying to keep up with Jordan, she doesn't want me to forget she's in there :)
I had my 24 week appointment last Tuesday and I was ready with questions for the DR. I have been having a lot of contractions and pains in my stomach and I wanted to make sure everything was okay. I think that going through IVF and actually getting pregnant, each milestone is huge with your pregnancy. I was so so thankful to find out I was pregnant, so thankful to make it through my first trimester and I pray everyday that this baby is healthy and everything is going good. After I voiced my concerns to my DR she brought in the handheld ultrasound machine to check my fluid levels. She said that it looked like I might have a little extra fluid and she wanted me to come back for a regular ultrasound so they could measure my fluid. If you have extra fluid sometimes it can make your cervix contract resulting in more contractions and pre-term labor. I was fully aware of this since I had double the amount of amniotic fluid when I was pregnant with Jordan and I was constantly being monitored by ultrasounds and non stress tests.
So needless to say I had to go back to the Dr's office later that day for an ultrasound. I was excited to get to see my baby girl again and to make sure that everything was okay. The ultrasound was really quick maybe only 10-15 minutes. She said that everything was right on track, my fluid levels were normal and baby girl looked healthy. Thank goodness, I was really relieved. The tech was nice enough to print me some pictures of baby girls profile and privates.
The Dr said that I am probably just overdoing it and need to take it easy. She has been telling me from the beginning to not pick-up Jordan. I am sorry but it is so hard to not pick her up. I have to pick her up to put her in her car seat, the changing table, to put her in her crib, if we are walking somewhere she wants me to carry her, etc... So since then I have been making a huge effort to not pick Jordan up as much and trying to not overdue it and drinking lots and lots of water. It seems to be working, I still am having contractions but not as many as I was having.


Here are a few profile pictures of our precious baby girl. That thing in front of her face is the placenta.
Here she has her mouth open. Probably drinking in all the fluid, but the tech said she was blowing me kisses :) I think you can tell that she has mine and Jordan's nose. Actually I should say my Dad's :)
Here are her girly privates. It's always nice to double check :)

2 comments:

The Zdeneks said...

She looks beautiful!! I'm so glad that everything is okay and baby girl is right on track!! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help, if you ever need me to take Jordan so you can rest, let me know! Hugs..

Jen said...

I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to be preggo AND watch a young toddler, too-congrats on managing both so far! Glad all is going well with your new baby and fingers crossed it continues, not long now! x