Powered by Blogger.

Our family

Our family

Monday, March 30, 2009

New bed and potty training

I decided that I was going to potty train Jordan the first week in March. I had read up on what to do to prepare your child and get them ready to not wear diapers anymore. I decided that I was going to do the 3 Day Potty training method http://www.3daypottytraining.com/ I got all the supplies I needed and decided I was going to start. I knew that Jordan was ready because she always told me when she was going #1 and #2 and most times would ask me to change her. The first day went better then I expected. She only had about 2 accidents and both were my fault because I was in the kitchen making her breakfast and then lunch. She ran into the kitchen to tell me she had to go potty and we didn't quite make it to the bath room. The first day she woke up wet from nap and woke up wet the next morning, but since then she hasn't had any accidents during nap time or bed time. I am so proud of her and can't believe how big she is already. We still are working on #2, she does not want to go on the toilet. She will go in her room and shut the door and when she is done she will tell me how sorry she is for going poo poo in her underwear. I have tried EVERYTHING but nothing seems to work. I don't want her to hold it because she already has problems with being constipated. I plead with her every time to please go on the big girl potty, sometimes she will try and then once she is on she will start crying and say that she doesn't have to go anymore. I know she knows it is wrong so I guess I just need to be patient with her. I mean it's not like she is going to poop in her pants forever. I would recommend the 3 day method to anyone wanting to potty train their child. It worked great for us.
The week we were potty training our king bed came in. I was so excited to finally move from a queen to a king. I could not wait for Jesse to set it up in our room so we could sleep on it. For Christmas his parents and my dad had given us Pottery Barn gift cards so I could purchase the bedding we wanted. I couldn't wait to set the whole thing up. Also when my mom painted Jordan's room she also painted our room from that beautiful Tiffany blue to a great latte color that I just love so much I never want to paint our room again.

Here is a picture of our bed, wall color and bedding minus the pillows, before the new bed and paint. I know I have said it before, but Jesse picked out the blue wall color

Here is our new king bed. We got a brown leather headboard and foot board from the Costco Home store. We also got a Sleep Innovations foam mattress which I love so far.

Jordan loved our new bed almost as much as she loves her room big girl bed and room.

She loves to jump on all the pillows.

2 comments:

Jen Deming Lee said...

I love the bedding and the bed! Nice choices!

Amy said...

That look so good!! Finally!! How do the dogs like it?