Powered by Blogger.

Our family

Our family

Monday, September 22, 2008

Goodbye Paul

Last night my mom had a going away party for my brother Paul. Today he is heading to Western to begin his college years. School doesn't start until Wednesday, but my mom, step-dad and Paul are heading up north to set up his dorm room and get him ready for college. know it will be hard for my mom now that she is an empty-nestor with all this free time on her hands. I am so excited for him. My college years were some of the best years of my life and I hope the same will be true for him.
I basically grew up as an only child, begging my mom and dad for a brother or a sister. Well my wish came true double time when I was 11 years old. My mom had gotten remarried and had my brother in May of 1990. My dad and his wife had also gotten pregnant and had my sister Cortney in March of 1990. So not only did I get one sibling I got two, I was so excited.
My brother and I didn't always get a long growing up but that didn't stop me from loving him so much. This year he became an Eagle Scout which is such an amazing honor, he went to nationals with his Crew team, very involved with his youth group and graduated from High School. He is an amazing guy and I am so proud that he is my brother.
My mom watches Jordan on Sunday's while I am working. It has been so much fun for her getting to know her Uncle Paul. She loves him so much and is always concerned with what he is doing or where he is going. She is going to miss him terribly.
I wish the best for my brother Paul and this new adventure in his life.
Paul and his girlfriend Brittney who is attending UW
Me, Paul and Brittney
Paul and Jordan
Paul, Brittney and Jordan
Paul and Mom

No comments: