On Labor Day I convinced Jesse to rip out the carpet in our front room. Those of you that have animals knows what it is like when they continue to pee on the carpet. At our previous house/condo (which was brand new) our dog Graham did not have this problem. He was very potty trained and hardly ever had accidents. When we moved into the house we live in now the previous owners had dogs and the owners before them had dogs, so I think the carpet was pretty trashed. It should have been a sign when we were looking at the house for the first time Graham lifted his leg on the previous owners sofa, yikes, thankfully the Realtor did not see and only maybe a drop came out because he had already gone potty 50 times outside :) We had our carpets cleaned before we moved in hoping that we wouldn't have any accidents. Unfortunately, Graham likes to mark his territory and continues to potty in the same few spots over and over again. So it was time for that carpet to be gone.
Poor Jesse, I have complained about that ugly blue carpet since the day we moved in. It was old and not soft, who knows how many years it had been there since the house was built in the 60's. Our house has wood floors through out even in the bedrooms under the carpet, which is so nice if we ever decide to remove the carpet in those rooms as well. We were not sure how the floor was going to look but were willing to give it a shot until we figure out if we want to put new carpet in or get the floors refinished. I told Jesse that he didn't need Scott or Aaron to help him move the HUGE entertainment center or our HUGE sectional, that he had me and I could do it :) I helped him with most things and thankfully once the sofa got on the wood floor we could just push it. But the entertainment center was a heavy beast of a thing to move so he lifted it as I pushed it. Once we started tearing the carpet out we realized how nasty it was and so thankful to have it gone. It only took us a few hours to finish and then having to put everything back. The floor looks so much better then we thought it would but we definitely need to refinish it because there are few spots that have some paint and different finishes. But I am so so happy and thankful that my husband finally gave into my begging for the carpet to be gone.
Here is what the carpet looked like.
I could only find a picture from April 2008. Jordan is pointing to her new tricycle that we got her.

Here is Jess removing the tack strip
Everything back in it's place
We still have to figure out what to do around the slate
Now we only have to remove the carpet in the play room/theater room. Unfortunately it was an add on and there is cement under the carpet no wood. Hopefully that will be our next project together :)






2 comments:
Thanks so much for the comment! In my emotional state it almost made me cry! It's always nice to find others going through the same journey! Keep me posted on how things are going for you! I'll be anxious to hear, it would be fun to get together for coffee and chat about the process. Sometimes it can be a bit lonely. You're little girl is just too cute for words! Thanks again and good luck!
Andrea
PS- Your new hardwoods look great!
The floor looks wonderful! I'm glad Jesse finally gave in!!
Post a Comment