Powered by Blogger.

Our family

Our family

Monday, June 16, 2008

Razi's Bachelorette party in Vegas

This past weekend I went to Las Vegas with my sorority sisters for a Bachelorette party in honor of our friend Razi, who is getting married in August. Me and three of my friends, Rachel, Jen and Bre were all on the same flight going to Vegas on Friday. We left at about 10:20 am and arrived around 1 pm.

Jen, Rachel and me.

Bre, Jen, me and Rachel, waiting for keys to our room so we could meet everyone at the pool.

When we got to our hotel, Mandalay Bay, we threw our stuff in our rooms and headed straight for the pool. Us four were the last ones to arrive out of a group of 15. Razi's sister Tessa has reserved a cabana for us to hang out in on Friday. It was so nice to have a place to put all your stuff and a shady area in case you wanted to get out of the 105 degree heat. There was even a fridge to keep your drinks cool. There were 15 girls so with the cabana there was plenty of places for everyone to sit.

Bre, me and Camille in the cabana.

Katy, Camille, Bre, Rachel, Razi, me, Marcy, Jen, Ariane, Gurta and Tessa.

We all hung out around the pool until about 5 or 6 and then we headed up to our rooms to get ready for our first night out. Razi, her sister, her 3 sister-in-laws, and two other friends all stayed in a suite. The 7 sorority sisters stayed in 2 rooms that were across the hall from each other. Rachel, Ariane and I stayed in one room and Jen, Camille, Bre and Marcy stayed in the other. Once we were all showered and dressed we went up to the suite to pre-funk. It was fun to hang out up in their room, have a drink and listen to fun music. Every night Razi would wait for all of us to arrive and then she would make her grand entrance, to the song of her choice. She was so cute, she would open the bedroom door and walk out, it was like she was a celebrity and we were the paparazzi.

Me and the bride to be, Razi.

Rachel, Camille, Jen, Bre and me.

Camille, Rachel and I.

We went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant at the Mandalay Bay, I forget what it was called but we got to sit outside, it was so nice out. I was a little out of it since I started drinking on the plane ride to Vegas, by the pool and up in the suite, that dinner was kind of a blur, but I remember my food being really good. After dinner we went to Tao Nightclub at the Venetian for drinks and dancing. It was a lot of fun, there were naked girls with just there privates covered dancing in tubs, cages and beds, which was unusual to see. There was so many people there it was hard to not run into someone. We had heard that there was a Dancing with the Stars reunion at Tao that night, so that was one of the reasons we went. Unfortunately we did not see any celebrities. We were at Tao for a while and then all the girls decided to leave and head to the Playboy club at the Palms. A few of us decided to head back to the hotel, including me. My feet were hurting so bad and I was ready for bed. It had been the first time wearing heels since my accident and my incision was aching.
The next day we got up around 9 am and headed to the pool. We didn't have a cabana but a few of the girls got to the pool when they opened at 8 am and saved a bunch of lounge chairs for us to sit in. Unfortunately the Dr said that he didn't want me swimming because he was afraid that my incision might open back up, that was fine with me because I don't want it opening back up either. I figured out a way to dunk my body in the pool without getting my foot wet, I would hand from the ladder with my foot in the air. I am sure it was funny watching me try to cool off with out getting my foot wet.

Here are the girls cooling off in the pool.

Everyone stayed at the pool for a while and then people left to go shopping or to lunch. Rachel and I were one of the last girls to leave, Ariane and Camille decided to stay the whole day. Rachel and I decided to head to the Wynn for lunch, shopping and a little gambling. We were hoping to win big at the Wynn. We ate at ZooZaCrackers which is a New York style deli that Jesse and I have ate at a few times before and loved it. We played a little on the penny slots and didn't win, shopped and I found a pair of Dior earrings that I fell in love with and had to buy.

Rachel and I at the Wynn.

After we walked around a little bit we headed back to the hotel to get ready for the night. We all met up at the suite to start the Bachelorette party. Razi opened gifts, we drank and ate snacks, the limo picked us up at 7:30 pm to head to Tao Asian Bistro to make our dinner reservations.

Rachel and I all ready for our big night out.

All the DG's in the elevator heading up to the suite.

Rachel, me, Jen, Camillie and Bre in front of the suite. The tape says "Caution: Bachelorette Party Danger: Wild Women" too cute :)

Here we are in from of the limo getting ready to head to dinner.

All the DG's waiting for our table to be ready. Even though we had reservations at 7:45 pm we didn't get seated until about 8:35 pm. We had a few drinks before dinner so I think we were all a little drunk by the time we sat down to eat.

Ariane, Jen, Marcy, Bre, me and Rachel, waiting for our bill to come.

After dinner we went to Pure nightclub at Caesar's Palace. When we got into the club we were all ushered into the Pussycat Dolls lounge were there were private tables and a large dance area. We drank, danced and waited for the Pussycat Doll performance to start. It was so much fun watching the burlesque show, I wished that I was that good of a dancer.

Here is Razi in front of the Pussycat Doll flashing sign.

Here is the Pussycat Dolls performance.

It was such a fun weekend, I had a great time with all my friends and we decided that we need to have a yearly girls get together, whether it be at someones cabin or at a fun location like Vegas. It was so nice to be with my sorority sisters, we are all married and some with children, we have all changed and grown up since college, but it is good to know that our friendships haven't changed and we will always have each other.

3 comments:

Jen Deming Lee said...

What a fun weekend we had! I'm still recovering a bit however! I'm sure Jordan was thrilled to see you when you got home!

Amy said...

Looks like so much fun. I'm so jealous.

Hilary said...

So much fun!!! Glad you had such a great time, loved all the pictures.