
Delta Gamma to you might not mean anything but to me it means so much. For those of you that don't know I attended Washington State University from 1997 and graduated in 2001 with a degree in Apparel, Merchandise & Textiles. Going away to college was a scary experience for me, it would be the first time living away from my family. Thankfully WSU is only about a 5 hour car ride from my parents house, so close enough to come home if I needed too. I decided to join a sorority (Delta Gamma) to meet friends and get the full college experience. Being in a sorority was one of the best experiences of my life. I learned so much and met so many girls that will be lifelong friends. Some days I remember how much fun it was and wish I could go back. Thankfully my pledge class is really close and we get together every month. We rotate dinner at each others houses or go out to a restaurant. Almost all of us are married and some are starting to have babies. It is so fun to catch up and still be apart of each others lives. I feel so blessed to have such good friends and I would love for Jordan to be apart of a sorority too someday. The picture is from one of my best friends, Rachel's wedding reception, June 24Th 2006. I was very very pregnant, two weeks away from my due date and looking like I was going to go into labor any minute. Little did we know Jordan wouldn't come for four in a half more weeks.
Last week Jordan and I went over to my sorority sister Jen's house for our monthly get together. Jen has a little boy Dylan who just turned 2, so Jordan would have someone to play with. Jordan loved watching Elmo with him and coloring with his crayons. They played really well together and are so cute.

4 comments:
I wasn't in a sorority, but had a close group of about 9 of us girls in college. We are all still close and try to get together once a year since everyone lives in different states. So fun to have a close knit group!
I was an AGD at UW - there are about five of us from my pledge class that get together a couple of times a year. It's great having good friends that I've known for over a decade.
We definitely need to get these two cuties together again soon. Dylan loved playing with Jordan's dolls and stroller at your house...much to his dad's dismay!
Post a Comment