Powered by Blogger.

Our family

Our family

Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter

I absolutely love Easter. I love going to Church with my family, going to brunch, having Easter egg hunts, and spending the day with family and friends. This year I was not feeling that great because I had come down with the flu the Tuesday before and got sick again the Friday before Easter. So needless to say my stomach was still upset and I wasn't really eating anything. But me not feeling great wasn't going to stop me from having a wonderful day with my family.
When Jordan got up we all headed into the living room to see what the Easter Bunny had left her. She was so excited to see her Easter basket and to see everything that was in it. Then she noticed that there were some eggs hidden around the living room, Jesse and I hid about 30 of them. She found most of them with no problem, it was so cute to see her running around collecting all the eggs.
After the egg hunting was over we all got ready for Church. We met Jesse's parents and sister at church. Thankfully they saved us seats because it was a full house. Jordan went to Sunday school and had the best time ever.
I took a picture of Jordan in the car on the way to Church and then she wanted to take a picture of me.
After Church, Jesse, Jordan and I went to brunch at the Clearview Cafe by our house. It is a little dive of a restaurant but we had heard it was good and wanted to try it. Jordan ordered the biggest Mickey Mouse pancake I had ever seen and she finished most of it. When she was done she told our waitress that it was so delicious (her new favorite word). Mine and Jesse's breakfast was super good too.
Then we headed home for nap time. After nap we headed over to Jesse's grandma Dee's house for more food and egg hunts for Jordan. All of Jesse's family was there and it was nice to see them. Because I was not feeling 100% I hung out on the sofa most of the time.

Eating some chocolate before heading to Grandma Dee's.

Jordan and her auntie Jaime (Mimi)

Jordan and her cousin Raegan (Jesse's cousin Jenaya's daughter).

Nana Gail, Jaime and Jordan

Mimi, Jordan and Fergie (uncle Jason's yorkie)

My precious little family.

We had such a wonderful time on Easter. I am so thankful that we got to spend the day together. After we left Jesse's Grandma's house, my mom and Dick stopped by on their way back from dropping my brother Paul off at Western. I was so glad that I could see my mom and Dick on Easter as well as Jesse's family. I can't wait until next year when baby girl will be with us. Then our family will be complete.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I totally remember Easter with the Shapiros and going out to brunch when Grandpa Ken was still alive... Good times! Sweet that you and your little family have started your own traditions. Sucks to have the flu, can't even imagine being this preggo AND being sick. Take care x