At my 32 week appointment I complained about how many contractions I was having and how much pressure I was feeling down there. My Dr. decided to do an exam and check how everything was going inside. While she was checking me she thought that I had a really short cervix and wanted me to get an ultrasound to check the length. Unfortunately they couldn't get me in at their office so they sent me over to Maternal Fetal Medicine to get a quick ultrasound of my cervix. I had received an ultrasound before checking my cervix length and it had only lasted maybe 10 minutes. I wasn't too concerned and figured I would be in and out of the office withing 20-30 minutes at the most.
At first they checked the baby, all the fluid around her and wanted to listen to her heart. Well to my surprise and the ultrasound techs, baby girls heart was beating a little different. We could hear some abnormal beats and see them on the monitor. So the tech studied her heart for about 40 minutes, she took several different measurements and looked at it from a bunch of different views. After that she checked my cervix which is fabulous and long and then left to go talk to one of the Dr's. I had to wait about 20 minutes for the Dr to come in not really knowing what was going on with her heart, if it was bad news or what. I had texted Jesse a few times letting him know what was going on but didn't get too detailed.
At first they checked the baby, all the fluid around her and wanted to listen to her heart. Well to my surprise and the ultrasound techs, baby girls heart was beating a little different. We could hear some abnormal beats and see them on the monitor. So the tech studied her heart for about 40 minutes, she took several different measurements and looked at it from a bunch of different views. After that she checked my cervix which is fabulous and long and then left to go talk to one of the Dr's. I had to wait about 20 minutes for the Dr to come in not really knowing what was going on with her heart, if it was bad news or what. I had texted Jesse a few times letting him know what was going on but didn't get too detailed.
Once the Dr came in she wanted to take another look at baby girls heart and see for herself what was going on. The Dr didn't seem too concerned but wanted me to come back in for an fetal echo ultrasound of her heart. She also wanted me to go have a NST (non-stress test) which monitors baby girls heart. They look for a baseline heartbeat and they want her heart rate to go up when she moves around. After I had the ultrasound I went to the NST room for my non-stress test. I had a few contractions that they saw and baby girl cooperated and they got what they wanted from us. So after about 1 hour at my OB and 2 1/2 hours at MFM, I finally got to go home. Thankfully Jesse was home and we could talk about baby girl and her heart.
I left the appointment not really knowing that much about her irregular heartbeat, if it was bad or okay. We were anxious to see how the fetal echo ultrasound would go and thankfully everything looked great. Her heart looks good and everything is where it should be and the blood is pumping where it should be and normal. They still aren't sure why she has a premature beat or irregular beat, but they are hoping it is something she will out grow and not get worse. So until she is born I will have to go in for weekly NST's so they can monitor her and make sure everything is okay.
Please keep our baby girl in your prayers that her heart will be fine and she will grow out of her irregular heartbeat.

Her precious little profile
This is a 3D image of her face. On the left is my placenta which is kind of blocking the view.
1 comment:
I'll keep Baby Girl in my prayers that everything will be just fine.. Leave it to girls to make their parents worry.
Post a Comment