Powered by Blogger.

Our family

Our family

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mickey Mouse

Jordan is obsessed with Mickey Mouse. She will stand in front of the TV and say "Mow, Mow", she can't say Mickey and that is her attempt to say mouse. She loves the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cartoon. I don't know about your kids but she doesn't really sit and watch the whole show. She loves to have it on and she will watch the first 10 minutes or so and then she starts playing with her toys, she gets distracted easily.
The Alderwood Mall has a Disney store and in front of the store there is a big tile Mickey's head on the ground. She gets so excited every time we pass the store and when we go in she is just beside herself. I went into the store today to look for the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD so I can take it on our trip to Arizona. My mom, Jordan and I are going to Arizona on Saturday to visit my grandparents, Dick and Peggy, who are snow birds. It is a girls trip so Jesse gets to stay home, I am sure he is looking forward to having the house to himself. Anyway, when I was in the store I found some big girl underwear. The underwear have the days of the week on the front, some are stripped and some have a Disney character on the bum. Of course I had to buy them because two of the pairs had a Mickey Mouse head on one and a Minne head on the other. They are so so cute, I just hope that she can still fit into them when she is finally potty trained. When we got home I thought it would be fun to try them on her. She loved them, and was so excited to wear them. She kept trying to look at Mickey's face, it was really funny watching her struggle to look at her bum. I took a few pictures because it was just too cute to pass up.

Taking them off is another story. She had a complete tantrum. It was like the end of the world trying to put her diaper back on so she could take a nap. I tried to explain to her that she couldn't wear them because she would potty in her pants and we had to put a diaper back on. I finally won and got the diaper back on and then it was nap time. As I am typing this post she is running around the house with her Mickey and Minnie Mouse underwear, one in each hand. Like I said in a different post it's the little things that make them happy :)

3 comments:

The Zdeneks said...

Too cute! What a cute little bum!

Abbey said...

I love itty bitty underpants on itty bitty bums -- so precious!!

Hilary said...

Adorable!! If we don't see you in class tomorrow, enjoy your trip to some warmer weather :)