Powered by Blogger.

Our family

Our family

Friday, April 29, 2011

Hair cut

Normally in the mornings that Jordan doesn't have school she gets up and either plays in her room or watches tv for a little bit until I get up.  This morning before Jesse left for work he got Taylor out of her crib and gave both the girls some banana's and toast.  I could hear the girls playing and having fun, while I was still in bed, not ready to get up yet.  Maybe that is bad parenting, but whatever works.  
Jordan and Taylor come into my room and Jordan said "Mommy do I look different?" I said "I can't really see you I don't have my glasses on and it is a little dark in here.  Why would you look different?" Jordan "Because I cut my hair like Hannah Montana!" I jumped out of bed turned on the light and threw my glasses on to take a look at the damage she had done.  I said "Why did you cut your hair!!" She really didn't give me a good reason except that she wanted too.  I didn't know if I should cry or laugh, she was so proud of herself and it wasn't that bad.  She cut a huge chunk right in the front, it almost looks like layers.  But it is so short she can't even tuck it behind her ear.  For those of you moms that have struggled through the awkward stages of your child's hair growing out and not cutting bangs you might understand how I am feeling.
So I asked her where is her hair that she cut? She said in the garbage in the kitchen.  As I am opening up the door to the garbage I say "You better never cut your sister's hair" And what do I see? A big chunk of blond hair!! I could not believe it!! I never in a million years would have ever thought Jordan would do something like this, Taylor yes, but not Jordan!! 
After I saw the hair in the garbage the first thing I did was call Bella & Max and book the girls an appointment to get their hair cut/fixed. Jordan got her hair cut first and then Taylor got her's done the next day.  We had a great day one I will never forget and we even celebrated with a scoop of ice cream!
I love my girls so much and I know this will not be the last surprise I wake up too!
Her hair cut, she actually did a pretty good job!

 After her hair cut
Taylor's first hair cut!
She did not want a cap on, but she did really good and didn't cry.  My baby girl is growing up!

Her cute little bob.  I think I am going to keep her hair in a bob, it looks good on her :)

No comments: